Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Thunder Hills Country Club - Final Presentation




My group wanted to create a new country club in St. George because there are so many seniors here that love to play golf. My assignment was to put together a postcard. I tried to research other country clubs and what their postcards and advertisements look like to create something that would show a high end golf experience. We wanted the advertising to look very prestigious so that when people saw it, they thought upper class and fancy. The style was a Caesar style.

I used Vistaprint.com to design the card. I found pictures from google images. I wanted to find pictures that matched the style my group was looking for. The logo, address, phone number, website address, text colors, and fonts were all designed from others in my group. Unfortunately, Vistaprint does not have Droid Serif fonts and my group suggested that I use Baskerville Roman and Times New Roman because they said it was a close enough match to what they originally wanted.

The goal of the advertisement is to attract the right audience and create a visceral response. We want someone to see the postcard and feel that they must be there. The content was very important to attract people who would be interested in this type of environment. Listed on the back of the card were all the amenities like 18 holes, a fully equipped, fitness center, Olympic size swimming pool, PGA professional golf Lessons, Tennis Courts, pickleball courts, casual & upscale restaurants, and community center clubhouse. Thunder Hills Country Club has a lot of entertainment to offer their members. I even added a QR code to make it easy for customers to find more information and quickly link to the club website.

Through the design of this postcard, the balance, the contrast, and the choice of colors, we want to convince the St George community that the Thunder Hills Country Club is the best club for them to join because of the beautiful landscape, green grass, and all the provided amenities. We want all adults, not just seniors, to feel that this is the the place for them to join.

Here is the final postcard.






No comments:

Post a Comment