Friday, July 1, 2016

Compose A Frame


The rule of thirds basically means that the eye is drawn to a point in the picture.  In this picture the eye is drawn to the river as it disappears around the corner. Everything else in the picture, even though they are a lot bigger, slope down toward the river. 

As I said before the with sloping lines of the mountain and tree, the diagonal rule is seen in the slope.  Everything slopes down to the river so that the eye focuses on it. 

The vector rule in this picture could be just a matter of the river being the focus but I think it is more of a motion vector because when I look at this, I am curious to know where the river is going to go. My eyes immediately look beyond the river and notice that it will curve around a bend on the left.  

This picture brings a feeling of beauty and peace and it partially does that because of the balance and focus of the picture on the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment