Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Axiom of Web Design




The website that I chose for this assignment is from New York and Co and the link is http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/  I chose this because it is a website I come back to over and over to shop for clothes. One of the reasons I like it so much is because their business and communication objectives are very clear.  The home page has a lot of continuity because it is balanced throughout scrolling.  One example is the first two pictures.  Because it has a tall woman the letters on the opposite side match her height so that the balance is the same. In the second picture the two ladies are the same height while the words in the middle match their height.

Latest Trends, Fashion Dresses, Pants, Tops, Cardigans, Rompers, Shorts, Jackets, Suiting, Work Pants, Summer Dresses from New York & Company

Latest Trends, Fashion Dresses, Pants, Tops, Cardigans, Rompers, Shorts, Jackets, Suiting, Work Pants, Summer Dresses from New York & Company


This company also has intuitiveness and affordance because when I want to see what clothes look like before I buy them, all I have to do is put the mouse on the picture and it switches from back to front so I can see the clothes from both angles.  That makes the company more believable because they are showing me all of the shirt, pants, or dress.  I am able to see what I am buying in every angle because they made this feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment